Five things I like/dislike #4
I love the “5 things I like right now” series of posts by Mike Crittenden. So, inspired by it, I started sharing some things I like/dislike occasionally. No particular schedule and no limitation about the stuff I write about — I am just having fun sharing some cool shit with you all!
- I recently treated myself to the Keychrone K3 Pro mechanical keyboard, and I like it mostly (I am working on a short-form review)
- As massive game enthusiasts, my girlfriend and I enjoy “The Last Of Us” TV series based on the game
- “How the Germans Measured Milliseconds MECHANICALLY” by Smarter Every Day on YouTube
- Octopus Energy supplier (if you consider joining, use my referral link to get £50 each)
- Literally every single video by Paul McGowan from PS Audio on YouTube
- On iOS, Bandcamp links open in a browser, not in the native Bandcamp app
- My new Calvin Klein socks for £103
- The lack of an “un-minimise” keyboard shortcut on macOS — the potential options to reverse a common minimise action (Cmd ⌘ + m) look too complicated for me
- Sleepless nights
- Apple Podcast app synchronisation - once a year, I give it a go, and I always come back to Overcast
What keyboard did you used before Keychron? I'm planning to abandon my Apple Magic Keyboard and get mechanical one, but I love touch ID... Also, what colour switches you got?
I switched from Apple Magic Keyboard. It was not easy, but day by day, it got easier. I did a few key mapping modifications, and things are cool now. I am still not as quick and efficient as with the previous keyboard, but it is just a matter of time. I picked brown switches. So far, so good! I am an absolute beginner in mechanic keyboards, so I have no comparison.
OK, so silly question: then why you're still using new keyboard if it's not as efficient as old Magic one? I presume you also have problems with your joints?
I cannot expect the same efficiency level after a few days compared to almost two decades of muscle memory with Apple keyboards. However, I am getting used to it, and it gets more enjoyable daily. Eventually, I will be a lot more productive using Keychrone. I will reveal more details in a new post I am working on, so stay tuned. Most importantly - it is fun!
I can't believe I've missed a Smarter Everyday video 🙈
This one is a good one!